In applied motifs of velvet and rayon crepe and silk machine embroidery on a cotton velvet cloth, the design shows the logo of the National Guild of Co-operators in a sun motif. The banner’s background colour is now brown, but seems to have faded from purple.
The National Guild of Co-operators was formed in 1926 as a mixed guild of men and women. The Barlow Moor branch was linked with the Manchester & Salford Co-operative Society, often abbreviated to M&S as on this banner.
Vote To Get This Artefact Included In The Museum
Voting Ends: 31st March '12