The banner is painted and has painted metal sheet lettering on a hand sewn wool base. The image is “The Woman with the Basket” by Muirhead Bone, which was adopted as the emblem of the Guild in 1908 and represents the importance of consumers using their co-operative society.
The white roses are an emblem of purity in purpose in co-operation and represent the Southern Section of the Guild.
Vote To Get This Artefact Included In The Museum
Voting Ends: 31st March '12